We are looking for a passionate and experienced full time Store Manager to join the team at our IGA Store in Iluka.
About the role
Reporting to the Executives you will have full accountability in your role and support all operational and people aspects of the store. You will take pride in contributing to a store which is encouraging, warm and welcoming for our team, customers and community members.
Your passion for your job will be self-evident in your day to day tasks, as well as your desire to work with our team to create an interesting and engaging retail environment for our customers.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Develop culture “where every local is loved” in store
- Training, motivating and guiding staff to ensure a high level of customer service is provided.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are supported, followed and maintained
- Manage the performance and results of staff
- Monitor budgets
- Monitor the weekly financial reports and KPI’s
- Identify problems with profitability and identify and implement strategies for improvement
- Ensure control and efficiency in areas of stock management
- Maintain awareness of market trends and monitor competitors
- Engage in smart purchasing & oversee all purchasing
- Identify current and future customer needs by establishing excellent rapport with existing and potential customers
- Review all reports provided & put action plans in place for improvements
What are we looking for? Someone with the following:
- Solid experience in a management position in a supermarket (preference for IGA experience)
- Exceptional customer service skills with a demonstrated record of strong achievement in meeting customer needs
- Knowledge of profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Ability to communicate effectively with the ability to earn trust
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality
- Organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively
- Experience in the counselling and disciplinary process – instils a fair disciplinary approach
- Ability to lead by example, delegating effectively and holding staff accountable – delegates tasks & responsibilities
- Knowledge of buying & selling in the retail industry
Working within your local community, this is an excellent opportunity to combine your passion and retail leadership experience while progressing your career.
This role has great and flexible hours along with an above award wage, plus bonuses for hitting your KPI’s.
How to Apply
If that sounds like you, we want to hear why you would be perfect for this role.
Please apply online with your resume via website or seek https://talent.seek.com.au/candidates/?id=9536876