We are looking for a passionate and experienced full time Meat 2IC to join the team at our IGA Store in Carine.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Meat 2IC who is hardworking and passionate about what they do. Our ambition is to continue to delight our customers and build on our reputation as a first-class food destination.
The Meat 2IC assists the Department Manager with managing the Meat Department, ensuring maximum sales, profit & customer satisfaction are archived through effective merchandising, pricing, inventory control & staff management.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor stock including wastage, shrinkage and quality control
- Review and recommend improvements in shelf management and merchandising programs
- Operate all food preparation machines and equipment
- Assist with ensuring direct supplier order quantities are determined and orders are placed as required to ensure adequate stock levels are always available within the meat department
- Inspect meat deliveries before accepting stock to ensure that quality is of the highest standard
- Maintain strict hygiene standards throughout the department
- Ensure company policies and procedures are supported, followed and maintained
- Work collectively with the department manager to assist to grow & improve the department
What are we looking for? Someone with the following:
- Experience as a qualified butcher
- Competent in all elements of retail butchering
- A commitment to food safety, hygiene, shop cleanliness, and workplace safety practices
- Exceptional customer service skills with a demonstrated record of strong achievement in meeting customer needs
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality
- Organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively
- Can work well autonomously or in a team
- Passionate about their trade, creative and willing to share ideas
- Understanding of the need to maintain high standards of personal presentation and hygiene
Working within your local community, this is an excellent opportunity to combine your passion and retail leadership experience while progressing your career.
How to Apply:
If that sounds like you, we want to hear why you would be perfect for this role.
Please apply online with your resume via website or seek https://talent.seek.com.au/candidates/?id=9536564
Tucker Fresh IGA embraces and values diversity of chttps://www.seek.com.au/job/52746926ulture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within.